Monday, January 31, 2011

I would never eat before my child

I would of posted this on my In the news tab but because of the seriousness of this issue i decided to post it here. Not far from where i live a couple was arrested in the death of there 9 month old baby. Why? Because at birth the baby boy weighed 8lbs 4 ounces 9 months later he weighed 6 lbs 9 ounces.
 The cause of death was determined to be Marasmus, a chronic undernourishment condition that occurs mostly in children. Marasmus is caused by a diet deficiency in calories and proteins.

Apparently the excuse the parents used was financial. They couldn't afford to feed the baby. Please take a look at the picture of the parents and tell me "do they look like they lacked food?" I would never NEVER never eat before my child. This is completely ridiculous. The last time the baby even received medical care was when he was born. 

 

6 comments:

jmejabberish said...

Stories like this make me so sick to my stomach. I can't imagine ever ever ever letting my child go hungry.

mmc67 said...

That is so wrong on so many levels. I am your newest follower please consider following me back www.thatshakerofsalt.com

Kim said...

Those horrible people! That's awful.

I'm your newest blog follower from MBC.


Kim

http://ishouldbesewing.blogspot.com/

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

by Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamaTales said...

It makes me wonder why some people become pregnant. Some of the stories I've seen just turn my stomach. I'm your newest follower from MBC.

http://mama-adventures.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment