Friday, January 28, 2011

I stalked him until he loved me

Romeo and Juliet really set the bar high. So do the fairy tales we read our children at night. If only every story was about real prince and princesses. Well im no princess im a queen haha not really.
I was just a 25 year old living in a townhouse with my roommate that had a crush on her neighbor right across the street. I really hadn't meet him i just saw him from a far he seemed perfect well almost perfect. It was odd sometimes he looked different like he was taller on some days.....
One summer day three years ago i was shopping at the mall when i get a frantic call from "roomie" saying the hot guys that lived across the street were hanging out at the pool and i need to get home stat so i can meet them. Well Stat it was i rushed home changed and headed to the pool. I was disappointed the guy was different again and he had his baby with him. Of course i played with the baby while these guys hung out talking to my roommate and once the baby went home so did I.  I was back home but i was bored plus they had a little party going on at the pool i figured it wouldn't hurt to go have a few drinks. I didn't see him at first. I grabbed a beer and sat down next to my roomie. I jumped in the conversation and then heard a different voice that wasn't there before i turned around and it was him but wait how was he just taller 20 minutes ago? It may seem funny but his roommate slash best friend and him look a lot a like at first most people confuse them a lot. I was smitten.
I guess i turned into a different girl but not really. I just wanted him to be my boyfriend and wouldn't give up until he was. Sometimes you just know things well i knew we would be together one day he just had to stick around long enough. Most of our time together the first three months isn't a time im proud of . I was his late night call. No real dates. I had to eventually put my foot down because i had strong feelings and he denied me as his girlfriend. Hurt couldn't begin to describe how i felt. Then September rolled around and i was done i put my foot down and told him i was tired of him only wanting me late at night. He asked me to be his girlfriend...yes finally. But did he do it because he liked me or because i forced him into it?
His roommates all moved out and since my roommate and i no longer got along i told him i was moving in with him and so  i did i moved it all in. I never asked and he never told me i could or couldn't. Still i wondered how he really felt. I knew i loved him i had loved him since that day at the pool.
December came and of course both our jobs had a Holiday party. His was first. I meet some co-workers and it was fun until he had a little too much to drink. We ended up in an argument that ended up in him saying "shut up i love you". huh? what was that? Did he say that or was i imagining it. That was eventful. Finally the party was over and we got in the car(i drove) he turns to me and ask "did you hear me?" nope did i miss something. i just looked at him a shook my head and he said "i told you i love you, do you not love m?." Yes i loved him but i was a little upset he was drunk telling me. I told him yes i do love you.
Days had past and neither one of us mentioned the "i love you" so i told him he says things when he drinks and doesn't mean them or remember them. I said you even told me you loved me, and then he said well that i meant. Finally i know i don't have to wonder he loves me he really does!
 Fast Forwarding to present day 3 years later we are married and have a 13 month old daughter. We say i love you at least five times a day. And we both quit drinking. He surprises me with dinner dates, movie dates, random cleaning, cooking, flowers. You name it he brings it to me. I knew from day one he wasn't this 23 year old slacker that kept saying he didn't want a girlfriend. Know one believed me then but now they do. He was scared of being hurt he says but once he realized i wasn't going anywhere that i would be there through the good and the bad, he let me know his true feelings.













1 comments:

Amy said...

What a great story! Yeah, I think you definitely know when you have found the one! I am glad it has all worked out for you! I read all of your posts and they are great! Can't wait to read more. Stop by Harvest For Tomorrow if you get a chance! Have a great day!

Amy at http://www.harvestfortomorrow.blogspot.com

Post a Comment